Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ICAClient-rhel-21.4.0.11-0.x86_64.rpm not functional on CentOS 7

manuel wolfshant

Question

Most of the computers in the company I work for  use CentOS 7 .

Some of them must connect to our partners using the Citrix ICA Client. We started using it a decade ago, at the time using  version 11.100, but during the last 2 years we relied mostly on version ICAClientWeb-rhel-13.10.0.20-0.x86_64.rpm. A few days ago I have attempted to upgrade to the most recent version of the Citrix Workstation plugin ( ICAClient-rhel-21.4.0.11-0.x86_64.rpm ).

Unfortunately despite the fact that all rpm dependencies are satisfied at install time, the plugin does not work because it seems to have been built against a newer version of the stdlibc++ library than the one available in the distribution. Due to this problem, wfica cannot be started and dies with the following errors:

/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica)
/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica)

Neither of this symbols is available in the distro ( which uses gcc 4.8.5) as they appeared later . I did not yet have the chance but next week I am going to test again after adding a newer stdlibc++ ( from gcc 6 ) to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH .

The previous version of the package ( ICAClient-rhel-20.10.0.6-0.x86_64.rpm ) works fine and I started to deploy it but I would like to be able to use the latest version.

5 answers to this question

On 6/10/2021 at 9:50 AM, Harish Kumar Gurram said:

Hi Manuel,

Can you check this KB article : https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX316603 

That link is restricted.

This content is restricted.

You have received this error because your account does not have sufficient privileges to access this page. For more information on accessing different types of Knowledge Center content, see the article “Access to a Citrix Knowledge Center Article is Denied”.