Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Teams Handset / Headset Controls

Chad Taggart

Question

All,

Currently working through a POC of having Teams run within a XENApp shared desktop environment.  

Host: Server 2019

VDA: 1912.0.1000.24525
Client Workspace: 21.5.0.48
Headset: YealinkUH36
Handset: Yealink MP50

Teams is installed and is HDX Optimised, the audio devices (mic and headset are all connecting through without issue).  I'm using the machine-wide installer and utilising FSLogix to keep profile/cache etc in check (Teams certainly is a bloated bit of kit)

The issue i'm experiencing,

• The Teams call control buttons on the headset/handset do nothing (eg: answering and hanging up a call).  I've found conflicting articles to suggest this is a limitation,

• Using the USB MP50 handset - If you receive a call, picking up the handset does not answer the call.  You hear dial-tone and the call continues to ring.  If I answer the call by clicking on the call within teams and then pickup the handset I can hear the person talking but also hear 'dial-tone' for 15s.  After 15s the handset then hangs-up and the audio comes out of the speaker on the handset.

• Using the UH36, per above the call answer/hang-up buttons don't work although audio is fine.

From a deployment perspective we were thinking of pairing a HP Thin Client with the USB based Yealink MP50 handset for our general user base.

Appreciate any feedback as to whether what i am experiencing is a true limitation and/or whether i should engage Citrix to troubleshoot the issue.

1 answer to this question

13 hours ago, Chad Taggart said:

All,

Currently working through a POC of having Teams run within a XENApp shared desktop environment.  

Host: Server 2019

VDA: 1912.0.1000.24525
Client Workspace: 21.5.0.48
Headset: YealinkUH36
Handset: Yealink MP50

Teams is installed and is HDX Optimised, the audio devices (mic and headset are all connecting through without issue).  I'm using the machine-wide installer and utilising FSLogix to keep profile/cache etc in check (Teams certainly is a bloated bit of kit)

The issue i'm experiencing,

• The Teams call control buttons on the headset/handset do nothing (eg: answering and hanging up a call).  I've found conflicting articles to suggest this is a limitation,

• Using the USB MP50 handset - If you receive a call, picking up the handset does not answer the call.  You hear dial-tone and the call continues to ring.  If I answer the call by clicking on the call within teams and then pickup the handset I can hear the person talking but also hear 'dial-tone' for 15s.  After 15s the handset then hangs-up and the audio comes out of the speaker on the handset.

• Using the UH36, per above the call answer/hang-up buttons don't work although audio is fine.

From a deployment perspective we were thinking of pairing a HP Thin Client with the USB based Yealink MP50 handset for our general user base.

Appreciate any feedback as to whether what i am experiencing is a true limitation and/or whether i should engage Citrix to troubleshoot the issue.

From here: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/opt-ms-teams.html#known-limitations

Known limitations

Citrix limitations

Limitations on Citrix Workspace app:

HID buttons - Answer and end call are not supported. Volume up and down are supported.

• Like 1