Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Floating Management for SSH Causes Console Errors

Erick Larin

Running Version 13.0 47.24

I'm working on deploying new VPX's to replace our MPX's. One thing we did not have on our MPX's are floating management IP's for HTTPS and SSH access. I've add both to our VPX setup. Ever since I added them, I'm seeing this error on the active node console every 10 seconds:

"<auth.err> sshd: error: Fssh_key_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host"

After troubleshooting this, I've tracked the problem down to the tcp-default monitor for the SSH service object. You can't unbind default monitors on services so that's not an option. Can anyone think of a solution to stop these errors from happening?

Regards,

Erick

You can't explicitly unbind a default monitor, but if you bind a custom monitor the defaults are removed.

Try binding the regular ping monitor to replace the default binding and be sure persistence is set properly.

Example:

bind service <servicename> -monitorName ping

bind servicegroup <svcgname> -monitorName ping

This will replace default monitor; but you may be having issues for other reasons.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

You can't explicitly unbind a default monitor, but if you bind a custom monitor the defaults are removed.

Try binding the regular ping monitor to replace the default binding and be sure persistence is set properly.

Example:

bind service <servicename> -monitorName ping

bind servicegroup <svcgname> -monitorName ping

This will replace default monitor; but you may be having issues for other reasons.

I've replaced the default "tcp-default" monitor with the "ping" monitor. The error message no longer appears.

• Like 1