Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Cant use the New Local Storage to create New Virtual Discs

Question

11 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

That SR would appear to be way too full.  Can you test if you can create new storage on a different local SR?

Hi, first of all, thanks for your reply.

The disk I would like to use is available (1397.25 GB from 1397.25 GB).

But the xenserver insists on not using it, but on other disks, which I don't want because the other disks are already in use by other applications.

Sorry if my English is not so well understood. Was I able to make you understand my problem?

Grateful

22 minutes ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

Oh, the green one... That SR would appear to be full.  Can you test if you can create new storage on a different local SR? How did you specify which SR to put the storage onto?

Did you try using the CLI instead of the GUI?

Correct, the green square represents the disk I want to use (1.5 TB or 1.397.25GB in this case). And the red, the disk that Xen insists on using.
I tried it through the GUI, clicking on the new Storage (named as local storage_3, but when saving via CLI using the sr create command, it saved the name "Local" only.) However, it is there, as "local". But when I click on it, through the GUI, When creating a new virtual disk, Xenserver does not select the new disk to take from its storage. Even though I clicked and selected it.

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Felipe Gomes1709162727 said:

Correct, the green square represents the disk I want to use (1.5 TB or 1.397.25GB in this case). And the red, the disk that Xen insists on using.
I tried it through the GUI, clicking on the new Storage (named as local storage_3, but when saving via CLI using the sr create command, it saved the name "Local" only.) However, it is there, as "local". But when I click on it, through the GUI, When creating a new virtual disk, Xenserver does not select the new disk to take from its storage. Even though I clicked and selected it.

Thanks.

@Tobias Kreidl   

Friend, here's a short video I made so that I can better express the error. Note that I select the new disc named "Local". I go to "Add> New Virtual Disk. I select it down there, but Xen takes the storage from" Local storage_2 "instead of" Local ".

Grateful

7 hours ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

Not sure why that did not work. You used the CLI to create the additional local SRs? Can you create a VDI on any of the other local SRs?

Hi!

I discovered the "error".  And i will show here to help more friends in future.

As a precaution, I formatted the disc again.

Later, I created a new SR via CLI ( Local_Storage_3 ).

In "ADD> New Virtual Disk", in the list of physical disks, I left "pre" selected the disk I wanted.  When selecting the storage size in GB (999) of the Virtual Disk, even if the system was using the storage of another physical disk, after this step, I did not click on "ADD". I just hit "Enter" (0:09 in the video). And the system ended up choosing the correct disk, thus creating a 1001GB VD.

It sounds silly, but it worked! Now a question: Can it be a Bug?

Follows video demonstrating.

I thank everyone for their support.