Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Target devices intermittently hang on boot , on screen that displays PVS version information and vDisk name

Adam Reid

Question

We have an intermittent issue on our environment where target devices will start boot Windows, but then hang on the screen that display PVS version information i.e the screen that shows

Citrix Provisoning 7.24.24008

Server IP address:

Client IP address 

vDisk name:

Write cache:

This happens whether we use PXE or BDM ISO methods. Generally if we reboot the VM it works at the second attempt. We are using a script to manage this.

We have the case open with Citrix support, but wondering if anyone has any insight?

1 answer to this question

On 4/26/2021 at 12:02 AM, Adam Reid said:

We have an intermittent issue on our environment where target devices will start boot Windows, but then hang on the screen that display PVS version information i.e the screen that shows

Citrix Provisoning 7.24.24008

Server IP address:

Client IP address 

vDisk name:

Write cache:

This happens whether we use PXE or BDM ISO methods. Generally if we reboot the VM it works at the second attempt. We are using a script to manage this.

We have the case open with Citrix support, but wondering if anyone has any insight?

I am experiencing the same problem today... Actually this happened out of nowhere. I created a new vDisk Version and wanted to boot my master server to perform some updates on the vDisk. It hangs at the same screen. Unlike in your case, mine does not go any further than this screen, even after a resboot.

EDIT:

It works again now... I now believe that I have some bottleneck in my SAN Channel enviroment... I was copying a large VMDK between two MSAs at the time the boot problem happened. Now that the copy is finished, the Target boots fast and without hanging. 

If you still have the problem, check the following link:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX214247

Regards, Cedy