Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Outlook 365 and upm mail are stuck in outbox

Roel Niesen

Question

Hello,

I'm still trying to get windwos server 2019 and upm to work with outlook 365.

All installation is done and configured.

But we have 1 maijor problem.

Sometime mail get stuck in outbox (psotvak in) and they are not gettign out.

When we force them to send thye are sent or when we at a later moment start outlook again they are gone again.

Even more important than it's not send, when they are sent the mails are not moved to sent items, so the user can not check if the mail was created.

All users has this problem, not reproducuble and sometime but multiple users every day.

We tried this also on window server 2016 with the same problem.

I started a case with Citrix but al lot of dealy point to Microsoft and asking to do abnormal thins.

I spent more than 100 hours to get this fixed.

Does some people have any clue why this is happening sometimes.

I started an alternative solution (fslogix) and at first test we don't see this issue, but this is on windows server 2016.

Will fslogix work on windows server 2019 with the search (setting search on disable invidual index first)?

Kind regards,

Roel Niesen

7 answers to this question

From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/fslogix/overview

FSLogix solutions may be used in any public or private data center, as long as a user is properly licensed. FSLogix tools operate on all operating systems newer than, and including:

Desktop - Windows 7

Server - 2008 R2

FSLogix solutions support both 32 bit and 64 bit where applicable

In no instance are FSLogix solutions supported in an environment that is not supported by Microsoft, or the original software or equipment vendor

On 4/22/2021 at 1:49 PM, Roel Niesen said:

Hello,

I'm still trying to get windwos server 2019 and upm to work with outlook 365.

All installation is done and configured.

But we have 1 maijor problem.

Sometime mail get stuck in outbox (psotvak in) and they are not gettign out.

When we force them to send thye are sent or when we at a later moment start outlook again they are gone again.

Even more important than it's not send, when they are sent the mails are not moved to sent items, so the user can not check if the mail was created.

All users has this problem, not reproducuble and sometime but multiple users every day.

We tried this also on window server 2016 with the same problem.

I started a case with Citrix but al lot of dealy point to Microsoft and asking to do abnormal thins.

I spent more than 100 hours to get this fixed.

Does some people have any clue why this is happening sometimes.

I started an alternative solution (fslogix) and at first test we don't see this issue, but this is on windows server 2016.

Will fslogix work on windows server 2019 with the search (setting search on disable invidual index first)?

Kind regards,

Roel Niesen

Are you using Online mode or cached mode for outlook?

Hello,

If you want to use outlook searc (windows search) it's only working with cached mode (ost files).

Tha is just the magic frotm citrix upm, fslogix and even the trick in windows server 2019 (multi suer search) that is not working without a private patch.