Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Question on having multiple UPM versions

Glenn Dowling1709151535

Question

I currently have UPM in place for our 7.15/1912 environments (using the ctxprofile7.15.5000 Group Policy template) without issue.  Since I still have 6.5 servers in place for the foreseeable future, I am looking to migrate their profiles from Microsoft to UPM.  I have some questions.

1.  Can the 6.5 environment use the existing 7.15 template, or do I need to download/install an earlier version (e.g. Profile Management 5.6) on those servers?

2.  Can the different ADMX templates co-exist in the AD domain if I have separate policies in place (one for 7.15/1912 and the other for 6.5)?

I'd also ask about migrating the actual Microsoft roaming profile, but I need to dig through the Citrix documentation on those steps first... unless there are some caveats, etc. 

Thank in advance...

2 answers to this question

The GPO template merely defines what settings are available for configuration. If you're using a newer template and if you configure a setting that the older version of UPM does not support, then the older UPM will simply ignore that setting.

You can only have one UPM GPO template in your PolicyDefinitions folder.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

The GPO template merely defines what settings are available for configuration. If you're using a newer template and if you configure a setting that the older version of UPM does not support, then the older UPM will simply ignore that setting.

You can only have one UPM GPO template in your PolicyDefinitions folder.

Thank you.  That's what I need to have verified.