Welcome to our new Citrix community!

v13.0 Build 76.31 - SSL Files - /nsconfig/ssl - directory does not exist

Simon Cooper

Hi all,

I have run across an issue with my test NetScaler VPX 1000 in the GUI in v13.0 Build 76.29

I went into "Traffic Management>SSL>SSL Files" to create a CSR for my test vserver and noticed that none of the certs, keys or csr's I have previously created were showing.

when I went to select a key I knew was in the ssl directory I get the below error message stating that the "nsconfig/ssl" directory doesn't exist !!!

it does exist and if I go into other parts of the GUI, such as the universal gateway I can see the directory and select certs etc. so this is a GUI problem.

I upgraded to v13.0 Build 76.31 and the problem persists.

I have reverted back to v13.0 build 71.44 and this is not an issue so looks like something introduced quite recently :)

image.thumb.png.950fbf6adefbc86aab89c75be9097ab0.png

not a show stopper by any means just wondering if anyone else out there found the problem

regards

Simon

• 2 months later...

I got the same issue on v12.1-62.25
It's a HA pair and done reboot and failover without help.
I got 8 other VPX's on the same version where I don't seem to have the issue.
Also working on v13.0-82.42

I tried "upgrading" to the same version to see if it fixed the issue, but with no luck

• 4 weeks later...

We're on v12.1 62.25 as well and one of our HA pairs is seeing the same error. "Error in retrieving file. Directory does not exist." in the web gui.

As with Simon's write up above, I can see files present at /nsconfig/ssl via CLI and the "SSL Files" section, but any Applicance location selector to /nsconfig/ssl is  giving the error.

• 2 weeks later...

To followup, I was able to remove this state by removing unnecessary files via WinSCP from /nsconfig/ssl/ like certificate .conf and .csr files.  Unfortunately I would not able to granular check to see if it was a particular corrupt file or just the total number of files. Other VPXs are more populated in this folder that the instance having this issue, so I suspect a file corrupted or file loading issue cause the issue in the GUI.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 6:40 PM, Scott Adams1709158702 said:

To followup, I was able to remove this state by removing unnecessary files via WinSCP from /nsconfig/ssl/ like certificate .conf and .csr files.  Unfortunately I would not able to granular check to see if it was a particular corrupt file or just the total number of files. Other VPXs are more populated in this folder that the instance having this issue, so I suspect a file corrupted or file loading issue cause the issue in the GUI.

this is  great

We also found a "xxx..cer" that was wrong and this fixed our issue

Edited by Lasse Prenting
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...