Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Hosted Desktop Server 2016 with XenApp 1912 CU2 - (Smart)Card Reader Access Denied

mhossli231

Question

Hello there

We provide Hosted Desktops to our users based on Windows Server 2016 and XenApp 1912 CU2. As Endpoints we're using HP ThinClients with Thinpro (Linux based OS) installed.

The users are working with a Software to query some data on our customers Smart Cards. We managed to redirect the USB Card Readers from the ThinClients to the Hosted Desktop Session and the SmartCard Reader appears in the Windows Server Device Manager. Also if the Smart Card Readers gets redirected I can see the Windows Smart Card Service starts automatically as it should be.

image.thumb.png.c6b0299b1b610d176db9f3b66ed869c4.pngimage.thumb.png.f7a024b80dec069a99cf31525920a92f.png

But after that I'm not able to use the Smart Card Reader and Read any Smart Cards. When I look into the EventViewer I can only see following error:

Error 602 Smart Card Service : WDM Reader driver initialization cannot open reader device : Access Denied.

image.thumb.png.34383724468793c71c121367ea37fe33.png

So it looks like there is any acces violation when the Smart Card Service starts.

On the Windows Server we're using Applocker but there are no entries in that Log which would mention that there is a problem caused by applocker.

Any help is appreciated :-)

Regards

Martin

1 answer to this question