Microsoft Teams (MAC) incoming video and screen sharing not working

blue_ken

Question

Hi,

We have had a number of reports from users that they cannot see any incoming video and screen sharing when they are signed into Citrix from their MAC and are on a Teams call or meeting. Outgoing video and screen sharing works, so people can see them and see their screen.

We have tried a number of version of Citrix workspace versions that support optimisation and we have made sure Citrix workspace has access to the camera and screen sharing in the MACs privacy and security section with no luck.

Any ideas?

8 answers to this question

On 3/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, blue_ken said:

Hi,

We have had a number of reports from users that they cannot see any incoming video and screen sharing when they are signed into Citrix from their MAC and are on a Teams call or meeting. Outgoing video and screen sharing works, so people can see them and see their screen.

We have tried a number of version of Citrix workspace versions that support optimisation and we have made sure Citrix workspace has access to the camera and screen sharing in the MACs privacy and security section with no luck.

Any ideas?

Hi blue_ken. 

Sorry for delayed answer. What MAC OS and VDA version is being used? 

Regards,

Daniel 

On 4/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, Daniel Szomboti said:

Ok, let me know when tested. 

I couple of our MAC users are still experiencing the issue on the latest version of Workspace. I have just been on a call with one of my colleagues who is experiencing the issue and he is running v21.04.0.14 but he still cannot see anyone but we can see him on the call.

13 minutes ago, blue_ken said:

I couple of our MAC users are still experiencing the issue on the latest version of Workspace. I have just been on a call with one of my colleagues who is experiencing the issue and he is running v21.04.0.14 but he still cannot see anyone but we can see him on the call.

Hmmm interesting. Could you open a case quick and we can have a look? Will need the MAC logs. 

The Virtual Channel logs are saved in /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Logs/Citrix Workspace 

The webrpc/webrtc logs are saved in /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Logs/HdxRtcEngine 

HdxRtcEngine logs are saved in directory: PATH/hdxrtcengine 

The PATH may be the one specified in the environment variables TMPDIR, TMP, TEMP, TEMPDIR, and, if none of them are specified, the PATH refers to "/tmp".