Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Ldap/Radius dashboard or Ldap/ Radius test not work

Hi Carsten,

I'm facing the same error.

Running a fresh install of VPX ADC 13.0-76.29 I'm unable to test connection to LDAP or RADIUS servers. It seem to doesn't matter if I am using DN or UPN as "Administrator Bind DN".

I am getting the error message "Unexpected token in JSON at position 231"  when trying to test LDAP connection and the error message "Unexpected token in JSON at position 235" when trying to test RADIUS connection.

Regards,

Fabian

On 3/26/2021 at 8:14 PM, Saju Padinjare Veettil said:

I had this problem on LDAP testing. Citrix mentioned that its a cosmetic Bug and will not affect the customer. I am doing this in DR enviorment. Did anyone tested the working of citrix after this update?

Hi,

Citrix GW authorization not working after update, rolling back on the previous version

There is a private hotfix available - request it from Citrix support. Its  xm_envproble.pl file that needs to be replaced in /usr/local/bin folder. Once done ldap\radius reachability test works fine.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:48 AM, bogo said:

There is a private hotfix available - request it from Citrix support. Its  xm_envproble.pl file that needs to be replaced in /usr/local/bin folder. Once done ldap\radius reachability test works fine.

I requested a fix, but support still looking for it, maybe if I point to your case number, they find a fix faster can you write the case number of your request?

I replaced a support call to Citrix. This is her feedback

"We are awaiting hotfix on same and same has not been fixed yet. 
Cause: UI sends the quotes correctly but by the time the parameters reach xm_envprobe.pl , the quotes are stripped. So xm_envprobe.pl sends password without quotes. Need to handle these quotes properly before the xm_envprobe.pl is invoked.
Henceforth, like said , there is no private fix available on same."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was told by Citrix that the next release in early June would have the fix. Waited patiently for 13.0.82.41 that was released earlier this week. No change. Called support to be told not included in this release, but might be in the July one.  I  have asked them to escalate, as it looks like they just keep moving this on to the next version each time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am still getting this in my demo lab with 13.1.  Unexpected token # in JSON at position 67

Eric Gunderson, can you share your ldap config line for us to see if you are referencing things different?  Also does your password have any extended characters in it?

This is my config line that doesn't work.  And my password does have extended characters in it.

add authentication ldapAction CV-dc_LDAPSSL_LB_Admin -serverIP 192.168.123.6 -serverPort 636 -ldapBase "dc=cv, dc=lab" -ldapBindDn citrixservice@cv.lab -ldapBindDnPassword <nope>  -encrypted -encryptmethod ENCMTHD_3 -kek -suffix 2021_02_22_16_00 -ldapLoginName sAMAccountName -searchFilter "memberOf=CN=Domain Admins,CN=Users,DC=CV,DC=LAB" -groupAttrName memberOf -subAttributeName cn -secType SSL -passwdChange ENABLED -defaultAuthenticationGroup "Domain Admins"

• 3 weeks later...