Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Correction Configuration on the ADC saved v/s running

Mike1709156907

On the ADC, when running a Saved v/s Running configuration report, there are three columns for the results.

The first one shows the saved configuration, the second shows the running configuration, and the third one shows "Correction Configuration".

I understand what the first two mean. But what is the third column? "Correction Configuration" ??

I do see several bind commands that binds monitors to some of my virtual servers that I did recently. These commands listed in the 3rd column do match the saved commands in the first column! I did save the configuration and it looks like the secondary ADC have a matching settings similar to the primary (propagation was successful)  but why these commands are listed as a correction config?

11 minutes ago, Sam Jacobs said:

Those are the commands, if executed, which would return your running configuration to the state of your saved configuration (an "UNDO" if you will).

I see. that does make sense.

I am curious why they did not clear up especially after saving the config.... At what point do they go away?

32 minutes ago, Sam Jacobs said:

Once you save the config, then they should go away, and it should simply say that there is no difference between the running and saved configurations.

unfortunately, it is not clearing up for me at all... I save the config using the GUI and using the CLI but still see the correction config.

image.thumb.png.8aef20a348595c3555b153bcf286ff76.png

image.thumb.png.f042f11faac739019e8eeec54d01794f.png

this is ADC v. 13.0 58.32

Unfortunately, the ADC GUI has been known to have quite a few bugs.

When you receive The running configuration has not changed when you try to save via the CLI, that means the running and saved configurations are in synch.

Always trust the CLI over the GUI.

42 minutes ago, Sam Jacobs said:

Unfortunately, the ADC GUI has been known to have quite a few bugs.

When you receive The running configuration has not changed when you try to save via the CLI, that means the running and saved configurations are in synch.

Always trust the CLI over the GUI.

So I guess it is safe to assume that I should not worry about this "glitch"...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: After upgrading the ADC Firmware,  I am happy to report that this "glitch" was resolved...! the "correction configuration" is not empty as it should be after saving the running config of the ADC...

The new Firmware version is 13.0.76.31.nc

Also, this firmware update (76.31) seems to resolved two other issues that I was having these HA pair.... I guess 13 is a buggy build! I usually like to stick with 12.1 maintenance release of the ADC but this time, the choice was not mine :)