Welcome to our new Citrix community!

nFactor & RfWebUI - Customize LDAP Password Change UI/Message

Curious if anyone has found a successful way to change the following.

When using nFactor / RfWebUI and Secure LDAP Actions with Password Changes enabled, users get a prompt like the following (customized theme/colors in my example) when their account has the password marked as requiring a change at next logon:

image.thumb.png.5172a9c0f7c9c2a541a0ca137e3b8e95.png

This is similar to what is seen in StoreFront RfWeb itself. This isn't generated by any kind of loginschema we created, nor does it appear to be related to any of the built-in loginschema files.

I'm curious if anyone has figured out a way to customize any of the content on this prompt. Such as replacing Change Password with a message like "Your Password has Expired. Please provide a new password:", or inserting a text block above or below.

In non-RfWebUI theme scenarios we would achieve this by editing /var/netscaler/logon/themes/<themeName>/resources/en.xml and we could edit the dialoguePasswordChange string to insert a message. That doesn't appear to work anymore.

I've tried modifying strings.en.json with both "Change Password" and "nsg_changepass" (found this in one of the js files in /var/netscaler/logon/LogonPoint/receiver/js/) and trying to supply replacement text but that doesn't appear to work either.

5 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Yes I saw that while researching how to do this in StoreFront, because I figured it would be equivalent.

I was hoping to find something in ADC similar to what soumyadeepd provided at the bottom of that thread, but so far I haven't had any luck.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that you described this in your original posting already, sorry.

Only tested with X1: adding "nsg_changepass" to strings.de.json (or strings.en.json and so on) under /var/netscaler/logon/themes/<customtheme>/ seems to do the trick for us.

{"nsg_changepass":"Please change password. Requirements: 15 characters; special characters; numbers"}