Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Fix the IP address for the VM created for the layers

Gerald Muller1709156932

Question

2 answers to this question

I was able to configure DHCP in a way that a client with a specific hostname  would always get a single IP. I used the below configuration.

1. In a /24 network, I created a range with only a single IP address and another range as big as required.
  2. Created an option filter under 'IPv4 Filters' with the rule as Option 12 equals my hostname.
  3. Added a class filter to the range with a single IP address with the option filter that I created and configured the action as 'Grant Lease'
  4. In the bigger range ,I added the option filter as a class filter with the action ' Deny Lease'

I tested this with a DHCP relay agent simulator and found that when the hostname in option 12 is the hostname that I specified in the filter, the lease is given with the IP in the first range.

Below are the relevant parts from the DHCP conf file.

# Option filter "teswt1"
    class "teswt1" {
    match if (option host-name="jarvis");
    }

pool {
        infoblox-range 10.192.16.2 10.192.16.2;
        range 10.192.16.2 10.192.16.2;
                allow members of "teswt1";
        ddns-domainname = pick ( option fqdn.domainname, config-option domain-name );
    }
    pool {
        infoblox-range 10.192.16.4 10.192.16.254;
        range 10.192.16.4 10.192.16.254;
                deny members of "teswt1";
        ddns-domainname = pick ( option fqdn.domainname, config-option domain-name );
    }

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/DNS-DHCP-IPAM/Is-it-possibble-to-do-DHCP-Reservation-by-hostname-not-by-mac/m-p/11353#M2344  

I found it here. Good luck!