Welcome to our new Citrix community!

VDA 2012 Silent install with WEM

MArkus Wehr

Question

Hi,

I wanted to use the silent install feature with the standalone installer VDAServerSetup_2012.exe.

I use parameters to exclude UPM and include WEM. 

/includeadditional "Workspace Environment Management" /exclude "Citrix User Profile Manager","Citrix User Profile Manager WMI Plugin"

It does not install WEM but installs UPM.

In the "XenDesktop Installation.log" I see no error - the command line is listed correctly.

If I use the same installer manually the result is as expected with WEM installed and UPM not.

anyone tried this?

best regards

Markus

11 answers to this question

VDAServerSetup_2012.exe /quiet  /noreboot  /components vda /masterimage   /controllers "dc01 dc02"   /wem_server wem-server.local  /logpath $logpath  /includeadditional "Workspace Environment Management"  /exclude "Citrix User Profile Manager", "Citrix User Profile Manager WMI Plugin"  /disableexperiencemetrics  /enable_hdx_ports  /enable_hdx_udp_ports

Actually i use powershell and variables. But that works with all parameters. I can see them in the log file correctly.

complete exclude:

"Citrix User Profile Manager", "Citrix User Profile Manager WMI Plugin", "Citrix Telemetry Service",

"Citrix Personalization for App-V - VDA","Citrix Supportability Tools","Citrix Files for Windows", "Citrix Files for Outlook", 

"User personalization layer"

2 hours ago, MArkus Wehr said:

VDAServerSetup_2012.exe /quiet  /noreboot  /components vda /masterimage   /controllers "dc01 dc02"   /wem_server wem-server.local  /logpath $logpath  /includeadditional "Workspace Environment Management"  /exclude "Citrix User Profile Manager", "Citrix User Profile Manager WMI Plugin"  /disableexperiencemetrics  /enable_hdx_ports  /enable_hdx_udp_ports

Actually i use powershell and variables. But that works with all parameters. I can see them in the log file correctly.

complete exclude:

"Citrix User Profile Manager", "Citrix User Profile Manager WMI Plugin", "Citrix Telemetry Service",

"Citrix Personalization for App-V - VDA","Citrix Supportability Tools","Citrix Files for Windows", "Citrix Files for Outlook", 

"User personalization layer"

The parameters are almost the same as the ones I use, I think it's a bug in the installer.

I have a customer who is also experiencing strange issues with the VDA workstation installer, specifically with the MCSIO driver install.

This will install the MCSIO driver:
/components vda /install_mcsio_driver /mastermcsimage /enable_real_time_transport /enable_hdx_ports /enable_hdx_udp_ports /enable_remote_assistance /disableexperiencemetrics /noreboot /quiet /exclude "Citrix Telemetry Service" /logpath "C:\InstallLogs"

This will not install the MCSIO driver:
/components vda /install_mcsio_driver /mastermcsimage /enable_real_time_transport /enable_hdx_ports /enable_hdx_udp_ports /enable_remote_assistance /disableexperiencemetrics /noreboot /quiet /includeadditional "User personalization layer" /exclude "Citrix Telemetry Service" /logpath "C:\InstallLogs"

It looks like if the /includeadditional parameter is specified, the MCSIO driver is not installed.

It looks like there are numerous issues with this version. My customer has an open support case about this issue.