Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Disable Drag and Drop

David Ott1709152917

Question

I'm in the process of upgrading my VDA's prior to upgrading all of the other components (1912 ltsr --> 2012).  It seems there is a new "feature" called drag and drop, which would allow my users to move files back and forth - this needs to be disabled due to company policy.  So I have a chicken or the egg problem now - VDAs need to be updated first, but I can't set the policy until the DDC is updated.  How can I disable this feature via the registry?  Disabling the service seems to come with unwanted consequences (saw a lot of connection issues in testing and peripherals not connecting).

7 answers to this question

On 1/22/2021 at 1:25 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Disable it in a GPO. Install the Citrix Group Policy Management Plug-in and configure a Citrix Policy inside a GPO. https://www.carlstalhood.com/citrix-policy-settings/#gpoplugin

I keep Citrix policies separate from Microsoft after having the combined policies stop working after upgrades in the past.  Could someone just figure out the registry entry it creates?  Then I can just plug it into the image, and worry about the actual policy after upgrading the DDCs.

On 1/27/2021 at 12:57 AM, David Ott1709152917 said:

I thought the proper path for upgrade (and it is what I have always done) was VDAs before DDCs?  Can someone just give me the registry entry the policy creates?

Can’t get updated policies (natively) if you don’t update DDCs first :-) compatibility wise it rarely matters though