Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ADC multiple VLANs configuration

Matthew Riddler

I have an issue with getting a new netscaler to communicate using multiple VLANs.
There does not seem to be any other netscalers in my environment that have multiple vlans configured on them.

ANy help on this will be greatly appreciated.

The ADC has it's NSIP on vlan 100, this is on a standard netscaler virtual interface, not presented down a channel. Logging in to the ADC works fine, also communication to the domain controllers (as authentication uses the SNIP). These domain controllers sit in the VLAN 400.

A channel has been configured on the SDX (LA/1). This has multiple vlans presented down it. This is a set of 10GB connections into the SDX.
VLAN 200 (192.168.20.0/24; DG is 20.1) & VLAN 300 (192.168.30.0/24; DG is 30.1), both of these have a SNIP created as .252 in the relevant subnet.
VLAN 300 needs to be able to communicate to servers on a different subnet (VLAN 400; 192.168.40.0/24)

I have a rule on our firewalls allowing traffic from vlan 300 to vlan 400. As such I have a service to look at a server in vlan 400 on port 80, but this just shows as down in the service.
In the route table I have an entry for 192.168.40.0 set to 192.168.30.1 (the default gateway). From what I can tell this is correct, looking at the other netscalers in the environment.

In the ADC there should not be a lot that needs changing as far as I can see, looking at citrix documentation.
LA/1 consists of the 2 * 10 gb interfaces. Tag All VLANs is set to on on LA/1. VLANs 200 & 300 are bound to LA/1, Tagged & also have the correct SNIP bound in IP Bindings.
The interfaces that are contained in LA/1 have had nothing changed in them, they are as it comes out of the standard install. Trunk mode is Off, no vlans in the Trunk Allowed VLAN list & tag all vlans is also off.

Pretty sure that there is something really simple that I am just missing, but have had multiple eyes look at this & cannot see anything obvious stat is mis-configured.

Thanks

Matt

Thanks Carl,

As you said running the command I could see that the connection was going via the NSIP.

I thought it was something simple, but wasnt sure which way to go.
Configuring the VLAN's was done correctly, turns out the network team had not fully configured one of the vlans completely on the core switch. Even though they said that it was done.

Thanks for your response again.

Matt