Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Publish public app (SAP Fiori) - host not found

Patrick Schoumlberl

Question

Hi! So far I published only Citrix apps via MDX, now I am trying to publish a public app from the store (SAP Fiori for iOS).

Here is what I did:

Under "Device Policies" I added an "App Configuration Policy", in the "Dictionary content" I added the URL to our internal Fiori server.

Under "Apps" I added the SAP Fiori App from the store.

I can see the app in our store and can install it. When I start the app, I got asked for username/password, but after clicking "OK" I get "Host not found" and do not see an attempt to contact the internal Fiori server on our firewall. Could it be that the phone does a DNS query on the internet instead of asking our internal DNS server?

Do I need to "wrap" the app or something like that?

Thank you, any help is appreciated!

Patrick

3 answers to this question

Hey Patrick,

You may need to use PerAppVPN for public app store apps that require connection to internal resources. Otherwise, you need to publish your services externally.

You need a VPN device policy for VPN configuration and an app attribute policy to specify which app can use the PerAppVPN configuration.

I only found an old blog post from Citrix: https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2016/04/19/per-app-vpn-with-xenmobile-and-citrix-vpn/

Cheers,
Daniel

• Like 1
On 3/8/2021 at 12:48 PM, Patrick Schöberl said:

Thank you Daniel! In the meantime I heard that the SAP app is being discontinued since it is more or less just a browser, so I can use Secure Web instead to access the data.

Patrick

You can get the source code of SAP Fiori app and wrap it with MDX toolkit

• Like 1