Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Keyboard problems on Acer Chromebook

Daniel Tinnert

Question

Hello, I have some problems using most  keys requiring alt-gr and some that doesn't on my Swedish acer chromebook running latest chromeos and workspace app.

Some keys work all of the time which require alt-gr,  like €, £, [] however {, }, |, @ and a couple of other doesn't

Also some that doesn't require alt-gr has the same problem like <, > 

The strange thing is that it works a couple of times if I keep pressing the key like \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|\\\\\\\\\\\ where is should have been | and not \ or like [{[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[{[[[[[[ where it should have been { and not [ 

Another strange thing is that I have to use english keyboard layout on the computer I connect to with remote desktop for the keys to work at all and then the swedish keys åäö still works..

I tried running the citrix workspace app inside of the linux beta container in the chromebook and it was the same problems with the keyboard. where it works 1-50 times if I keep pressing the keys...

1 answer to this question

Hi @Daniel Tinnert,

Please add the below registry entries on the VDA side and try.

1. Add the IcaIme key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA and set DWORD value DisableKeyboardSync= 0 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA\IcaIme.

2. Add the CtxKlMap key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix and set DWORD value EnableKlMap = 1 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\CtxKlMap.

Note: If you're using Citrix Workspace App for Android on Chromebook, enable the client IME under Keyboard Settings after adding the above registry.