Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Silent Install of Workspace App hangs

Adam Puls

Question

I'm trying to silently install version 20.10.0.20 of the Workspace App, but the installation hangs indefinitely on the Citrix Workspace(USB) component.  I am trying to install the Workspace app during an OS deployment task sequence, running as the local administrator.  Attached is the Generic USB log file and below is the command used to install the app.  If anyone can provide insight as to why this is happening and/or how to fix it, I would be greatly appreciative!

CitrixWorksp aceApp.exe /Silent /forceinstall /AutoUpdateCheck=disabled /NoReboot EnableCEIP=False DONOTSTARTCC=1

CtxInstall-GenericUSB-20210107-113006.log

Thank You!

6 answers to this question

Is it the component after the Workspace USB component that is failing?

In your log file it has:

MSI (s) (D0:AC) [13:00:51:526]: Product: Citrix Workspace(USB) -- Installation completed successfully.

MSI (s) (D0:AC) [13:00:51:526]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Citrix Workspace(USB). Product Version: 20.10.0.12. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Citrix Systems, Inc.. Installation success or error status: 0.

11 hours ago, Carl Behrent said:

Is it the component after the Workspace USB component that is failing?

In your log file it has:

MSI (s) (D0:AC) [13:00:51:526]: Product: Citrix Workspace(USB) -- Installation completed successfully.

MSI (s) (D0:AC) [13:00:51:526]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Citrix Workspace(USB). Product Version: 20.10.0.12. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Citrix Systems, Inc.. Installation success or error status: 0.

Thank you for the response!  Sorry, I should have provided more information.  If you look at the log file, installation started at 11:30 and completed at 13:00, and that's only because I "woke" the machine.  If you press any key on the keyboard, installation completes and moves on.  I have computers that have been imaging for over 2 days because no one is at the machine to interact with it and wake it up.  I've provided a screenshot of the log file where it shows the 1 1/2 hour timestamp difference.  I'd be grateful to know your thoughts!

GenericUSB_timestamp.png

Sorry for the delay.  No, there is nothing on the screen.  Installation is silent and if I try anything (task mgr, powershell, cmd, explorer) to see what process is running or look at the log files, installation immediately completes and we're off to the races.  This is running in a Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) task sequence, which runs as local administrator.  I do not have this problem with deploying the application silently from SCCM/MEMCM/ConfigMgr, which runs as the SYSTEM account.  Very weird!