Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MAC client displays green/blue screen while in Skype video call in VDI

Stephen D. Holder

Question

Greetings all,

I am working with a client who is on a MAC with the latest Citrix workspace app and HDX as of this message.

In VDI, on skype, when doing a video call, all the user sees is a green (or blue) screen, for both, other participants, and themselves, but they can hear audio just fine.  Participants in the video call can see and hear the user. I have gone in circles with this a few times and decided to post here to see if anyone had any thoughts.

I am thinking it must be something on the user-side. The MAC security settings are set to allow the Facetime/Camera as passthrough and even show up as selectable items in the VDI session in the Skype drop down, there is just no video activity. The facetime camera works fine outside of VDI.

Had user uninstall the MAC Workspace and reinstall as well as HDX… same behavior -- attached is what the user is seeing when in a Skype video call.

I can appreciate a solution that says upgrade to Microsoft Teams however, customer is not there yet and other Skype video calls work among other users.
Any ideas? 

Clipboard01.jpg

2 answers to this question