Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ADM does not show Events from ADCs

Hello all,

We have two ADM nodes in HA the event messages are not updated in the ADM for a few weeks. I cannot find any specific error in the logs except the following one:
[Debug] [Main] Waiting for some node to be star node in this setup
There are tons of these messages in the mps_inventory.log, but I have no clue what this means.

Does it mean there is a misconfiguration of the HA?

May I ask: Did it work, and suddenly stopped working, or did it never work? And a stupid one: Did you enable your ADM as a syslog server for these ADCs?

My next debugging step would be: Go to a Citrix ADC, start a ns-trace and disable a service (or click save config, or anything that triggers an event). Do you see syslog packets flowing from ADC to ADM?

Greetings from sunny Austrian mountains

Johannes Norz

CTA, CCI, CCE-N

Enjoy my Citrix ADC test environment

Read my blog

13 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

What build of ADM are you running?

Any errors at System > Deployment?

Does a reboot fix it?

Hello Carl, 

no errors in deployment tab. We are about to restart it, because I do not have any other idea what to check. Btw. the ADM is quite older build than managed ADCs and I know your recommendation to keeping the build version same on both side.  I will check the exact build number.

Thank you
Petr

3 minutes ago, Petr Lenz1709156340 said:

Btw. the ADM is quite older build than managed ADCs

That's not a supported configuration and won't work. Update ADM and you will make it working. It's not a "recommendation" coming from a strange guy (even if it's Carl), instead it's a question of being supported, or not. It is not intended to work at all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johannes Norz said:

That's not a supported configuration and won't work. Update ADM and you will make it working. It's not a "recommendation" coming from a strange guy (even if it's Carl), instead it's a question of being supported, or not. It is not intended to work at all.

Thank you Johannes.

I tried to find that in official documentation but unsuccessfully, so I was not sure about that. Now it is clear.

Greetings from rainy and foggy Prague