Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Is there any way to add the feature of RTP/UDP without re-install VDA ?

Yoshimasa Kobayashi

Question

The end-user's requests for improving audio quality has just came up on 7.15 LTSR CU5 environment.

There are some reasons that we cannot use optimization in order to off-load audio traffic from VDA to clients, I have to find the way to use generic ICA audio.

According to some documents like CTX133024, I found out that RTP/UDP would be the solution for us.

( we use standard TCP connection for ICA, not applying EDT and nor RTP/UDP at this moment).

And also I realized we haven't selected "Use Real-Time Audio Transport for audio" option during VDA installation.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/install-configure/install-vdas.html#step-9-enable-or-disable-features

Here is my question.

Is there any way to add the feature of RTP/UDP without re-install VDA?

As we already delivered more than thousand of persistent VMs it is not easy to re-insall VDA.

So if there are some ways to add and enable RTP/UDP feature without re-install VDA, I'm very happy.

4 answers to this question

Greetings:

At one point, I was told that this setting just created a firewall rule for the ports it used.  It's controlled via policy, so you could grab a vda and apply the policy to it and start testing!

Please don't take this as an answer -- someone else may know for sure.  If it's more than just a firewall rule, then you may be able to find the correct MSI from the installation folder and apply it to the VDA.  Most of the components are rather obvious once you extract the installer into the individual MSIs.

• Like 1
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 12:22 PM, Joe Robinson said:

Greetings:

At one point, I was told that this setting just created a firewall rule for the ports it used.  It's controlled via policy, so you could grab a vda and apply the policy to it and start testing!

Please don't take this as an answer -- someone else may know for sure.  If it's more than just a firewall rule, then you may be able to find the correct MSI from the installation folder and apply it to the VDA.  Most of the components are rather obvious once you extract the installer into the individual MSIs.

Thank you, I've also thought that it just opens the UDP port on firewall; 16500-16509.
I will try to investigate further in my test envionment by adding firewall entry.