Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix VDI automatically shut itself down event logs error wmiprvse.exe code 0x80070015

Moses Ebrahimi

Question

Hi all, 

Our Citrix VDIs stand up on AWS infrastructure and use the base golden image aws AMI to create machines from Citrix Studio. 

Its been sometime that when our morning machine catalog start provisioning VDIs, one the first two instances start and after half an hour or so shut itself down and detach the aws volume and someone has to go in to Studio and start the instance manually. 

So what Ive done captured Citrix provisioning logs from Controller with CDFmonitor and there is no shutdown command or api send from Citrix to the aws instance to shut it down. so this been crossed out!

then I moved to AWS part and got the logs from cloud trail and found that the faulty instance after shutdown detach the root volume and when manual start up initiated from Studio it attaches new different volume. 

So I managed to find the snapshot of detached volume from the time of incident, created a volume from it and attached it to another instance and browsed to Windows event logs, and capture windows logs from the time of incident. 

The logs (from System) in Event viewer (Server 2019) from the broken instance. 

The process C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe (xxxxxxx) has initiated the shutdown of computer (xxxxxxx)  on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
 Reason Code: 0x80070015
 Shutdown Type: shutdown
 Comment: 

The Logs from Application WMI Activity 

Id = {97416300-D174-0003-BECE-419774D1D601}; ClientMachine = xxxxx; User = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; ClientProcessId = 9944; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::ExecNotificationQuery - ROOT\CIMV2 : SELECT * FROM Win32_ProcessStartTrace WHERE ProcessName = 'wsmprovhost.exe'; ResultCode = 0x80041032; PossibleCause = Unknown

Could you please let me know if you ever come across this issue? any help. Please let me know if any further information required. 

Much appreciated, 

Moses, 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet