Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Xenapp 7.15 MCS with office 2013 ADBA activations

Jeff Koelker1709162466

Question

We are building a new environment on xenapp 7.15. We are using MCS for the VDA's and are needing some guidance on installing office 2013 so it gets licensed properly. Office 2013 is already installed and after a reboot of the VDA master server, the command cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus shows office is activated and has a remaining grace of 179 days. With that being said, do I need to then issue a OSPPrearm.exe to reset those grace days or is this not necessary? I will go ahead and shutdown the master and do an update on my MCS to push this out to the cloned VDA's. Is there anything I'm missing? 

I'm not finding an exact answer on this one and this is my first go-round with this type of setup.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can provide, I do appreciate it. 

2 answers to this question

Hi,

No you don't need to do anything on 7.15 once you successfully activated Office in the master Image. MCS will do that for you. When updating the image, MCS will boot the copy of the  Golden Image in the Image preparation stage and carry out the re-arm (you should see that it briefly boots a temporary VM and shutdown again - the VM is deleted afterwards). Note.: We have seen that Office 2013 in Server 2016 VDAs with 7.15 sometimes reports that Office rearm failed when updating in the Machine Catalog page in Citrix Studio - however upon checking everything works as expected - so you might ignore that message, otherwise check here: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX206225

Regards

• Like 1
On 12/19/2020 at 2:59 AM, Christoph Sinabell said:

Hi,

No you don't need to do anything on 7.15 once you successfully activated Office in the master Image. MCS will do that for you. When updating the image, MCS will boot the copy of the  Golden Image in the Image preparation stage and carry out the re-arm (you should see that it briefly boots a temporary VM and shutdown again - the VM is deleted afterwards). Note.: We have seen that Office 2013 in Server 2016 VDAs with 7.15 sometimes reports that Office rearm failed when updating in the Machine Catalog page in Citrix Studio - however upon checking everything works as expected - so you might ignore that message, otherwise check here: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX206225

Regards

Thanks for the thorough answer. I do appreciate the help.