Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Time to install/upgrade new licenses

Antonio Zec

Question

Hi,

Im pretty new with Citrix and this will be my first time upgrading/installing licenses.

Can I just download them from my account in Citrix and but them in the "MyFiles" folder on the License Server and restart the Citrix Licensing Service?

Do I need to keep something in mind?

Do I need to allocate the licenses before I download them and if I dont allocate them what happens if I just place them in the "MyFiles" folder?

Thank you

5 answers to this question

Yes allocated license after renewal are automatically updated by Citrix. You just need to download the updated file and import it in the Citrix License Server.

If there is a change in HostName of the Citrix License Server then you have to reallocate to new HostName of the Citrix License Server.

Check Out this CTX Article for reference.

How to Download and Install Updated License Files after a renewal

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX134629

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Salim Hurjuk said:

Yes correct - Login to Citrix Account - Download Latest License File - put them in the "My Files" folder on the Citrix License Server and restart the Citrix License Service.

How to Download and Install Updated License Files after a renewal

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX134629

Okay, thank you.

But do I need to allocate them first, it seems like I need to specify the Host ID(I guess its the hostname)?

Our older licenses are allocated. The files that are allocated are called "Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Premium Edition - Concurrent User"