Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MS Teams Optimization issue - Video lag

Charlie Ting

Question

My environment is 1912 LTSR CU2 on the Windows 10 VDA.  The Teams installed in VDA shows up "Citrix HDX Optimized". The issue is below

1. On personal device, start Citrix session. Make Teams call to another device who’s on regular Teams over WAN (not Citrix session) – Video lagging.

2. On the device (not Citrix session). Makes Teams call to Citrix session device – No video lagging.

Now if both devices run Citrix sessions, there's no video lagging when calling each other, so I don't understand why a Citrix session calling the other party who is not using Citrix,  the video lags. 

2 answers to this question

On 12/17/2020 at 6:31 PM, Charlie Ting said:

My environment is 1912 LTSR CU2 on the Windows 10 VDA.  The Teams installed in VDA shows up "Citrix HDX Optimized". The issue is below

1. On personal device, start Citrix session. Make Teams call to another device who’s on regular Teams over WAN (not Citrix session) – Video lagging.

2. On the device (not Citrix session). Makes Teams call to Citrix session device – No video lagging.

Now if both devices run Citrix sessions, there's no video lagging when calling each other, so I don't understand why a Citrix session calling the other party who is not using Citrix,  the video lags. 

Could you quickly test this against CWA2012 and if you have test from a MAC device as well. Let us know. 

On 12/17/2020 at 1:31 PM, Charlie Ting said:

Did you get any resolution on that issue? I'm experiencing the same with a lot of my users.