Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Slow Linux Guest VM installation and Performance.

HOLGER IOSEFF KOETZ DAVIDS

Question

Hello, I would like to ask for help in a problem that has been breaking my head for weeks. I have a cluster with two IBM's X3950 M2, with 128GB of RAM, 4 processors, connected to a VNX 5300 via fiber network. My problem is this: The installation of any version of windows is done successfully and at an impressive speed. When I try to install a Linux distro (Ubuntu, Fedora, CENTos) the installation becomes extremely slow. I use an NFS share where I made ISO storage that comes from a 10/100 network. I believe it is not a network problem, because the windows ISOS are in the same share. I don't know what else to do, because I really need to be able to install Linux VM's in this cluster of 2 servers. Has anyone ever experienced this? Thank you for the tips

5 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Alan Lantz said:

So the install is slow but the operation of the VM seems okay? How is pre/post XenTools speed look ?

--Alan--

No, the VM operation is so slow too.

13 hours ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

I'd up the NFS rsize/wsize settings to something way higher than the default, which is typically very small. You want something like like 64k or even 128k or so.

-=Tobias

Thx for help...

But the VM is slow too, so i believe it is the hardware