Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Can I somehow download an old QuickEdit IOS App and/or obtain documents stored to the old App?

Warren Williams1709162484

Question

Help.  I think I have a similar if not the exact same issue someone else posted.  I downloaded a free version of QuickEdit IOS for Ipad.  Today I discovered it was no longer downloaded on my Ipad.  It shows I can be re download with a cloud symbol.  If I somehow removed it, it was not intentional.  I used the App just a week ago.  However, when I tried to download again, it stated it was unable to install as the "app is no longer available in the App Store."  I called support and they said my best option was to post a question here.  I have downloaded the new App available at the App Store as suggested in another question's answer.  Unfortunately I get a message that I do not have access to open the new App.  (I do not even know if the new App will let me retrieve my old documents.  I am just hoping from the post above)

I know that what I was using was likely free.  I cannot even remember.  I have been using it for about 5 years.  I wish I had received some sort of notification that it was going away.  I would have migrated the important documents I have saved on the old App.  Is there anyway to reinstall the old app and/or get those old documents?

3 answers to this question

Hi @Warren Williams1709162484

Re-installing the Quick edit app on your device should work fine. Did you try updating the corresponding MDX in your Citrix Endpoint Management ?

Could you please help with the following queries :

1. Which version of Quick Edit are you trying to install ?
2. Whats the current iOS version and device model ?
3. Whats the MDX version uploaded in your Citrix Endpoint Management/ XMS ?

Regards,
Sherin

Sherin,

Thanks for replying.  I was using a free version I installed years ago.  I am really not familiar with Citrix and its products other than the free App I downloaded. 

I want to install whatever version would possibly restore the documents on my last app (if that is even possible) and only for that purpose.   I just want to retrieve my old documents if I can.  The old App was just called QuickEdit (green icon looks like a pen/paperclip)

1. I tried to download QuickEdit for XenMobile (blue Icon looks like a pen/paperclip).

2. IOS 14.2 Ipad 5th Generation

3. This is likely the problem.  I do not know anything about this.  When I try to open the App it says it is only available to Citirx customers.  

I don't necessarily want to be a Citirx customer.  I just want to retrieve my documents from the old App.  Is that possible?

Hi @Warren Williams1709162484

The Quick Edit app with the green icon , has already been deprecated 6 years ago. Since then Citrix no longer supports the free version (Non-Xenmobile). We cannot release the older version due to legal and license issues. Moreover Apple appstore wont approve/support the same.  

Unfortunately we wont be able to further help on this. 

Regards,
Sherin