Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Configuring Citrix Storefront Loadbalancing via ADC

Marc Kuhn

Hi guys

we have configured on our Citrix ADC the Citrix Storefront Loadbalancing. Also we have modified the Storefront Websites so we can identify which Website it uses according to Carl Stalhoods Article. Everything works fine after shutting down the first Storefront, where also the DeliveryController is installed on, login to Storefront via Netscaler is working just fine. But when i start then the Published Desktop the new session is in the status "Connecting" for about 3-5 Minutes before we are able to launch the desktop.

Is there a setting of a timeout, which we could optimize to bring down that delay to as low as possible?

Many thanks for your hints on that.

Best regards,
Marc

Mark, this sounds like a typical deployment. I don't see a reason why it won't work and I don't know about an issue like that.

The only issue I know is persistence. It has to be Source-IP.

Did you create a network trace? What happens? I guess, it tries to connect somewhere, but is not successful. I have seen similar behaviour with session reliability enabled, but port 2598 closed.

Greetings

Johannes Norz

https://wonderkitchen.network

https://blog.norz.at

• Like 1

Hi Johannes

thanks for your feedback. We just tested today when accessing the Published Desktop from the second Storefront/Delivery Controller after shutting down the first Node it is working without any issues.

I will double check with the network team the port 2598 and see where the system is trying to connect.

Best regards,
Marc

StoreFront is not involved in starting applications, as soon as the .ICA file is downloaded. It's responsibility is creating the .ICA file, and sending it to the ADC.

So StoreFront is guilty for everything inside the browser-window. Everything beyond the browser is just network and gateway.