Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Getting bad STA tickets from Web Interface/Secure Gateway when trying to launch apps

David Kaainoa

Question

Trying to limp through with Web Interface and Citrix Secure Gateway running on the same Server 2008r2 box until migration.  I know, these are all EOL products.  I'm working on it.   After years of managing this and other WI/CSG like it one instance in particular will now not launch any apps unless one particular server is named in the STA portion of the Security Gateway Configuration Wizard.  The error is "the published resource is not available".  If I add the STA in question back, the issue is resolved.   Maybe it's a coincidence or not but this STA is the only server that is on the same domain as the WI/CSG.   Regardless, I'm wondering if someone can give me some guidance on how to troubleshoot or resolve this.   I am not clear on how the STA works. Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

Web Interface chooses the STA server and Secure Gateway needs to communicate to the same STA server.

In Web Interface console, click your site, then click Secure Access. Edit the existing entry. Click Next and there should be page to enter STA addresses.

For Secure Gateway, run the Secure Gateway configuration wizard and there's a page to enter the same STA addresses.