Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Xenapp 7.15 CU5 + How to install certificate on Storefront correctly

Jeff Koelker1709156820

Question

We are building a 7.15 CU5 environment and have it up and running however I'm unable to properly configure the certificate on the storefront server. We use a local Certificate Authority server. I have the local CA Root certificate installed on my PC. In addition, I've requested a certificate from the storefront server through IIS. I then generated the certificate and installed it on the storefront server. 

My problem is that the browser is not seeing the site as secure with that certificate. In addition, If I then open up my receiver application on my PC, I'm unable to refresh apps, most likely due to it seeing an insecure connection. 

If I open the certificate from the storefront server, I can see that the certificate path is valid all the way to the root certificate. The certificates themselves are also showing valid. I'm not sure how to correct this and was hoping someone may have some advice. I appreciate the help in advance.

2 answers to this question

On 11/26/2020 at 4:48 AM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Chrome usually tells you what the problem is. You can also press F11 and switch to the Security tab to get more details. Here's my guide - https://www.carlstalhood.com/storefront-cr-basic-configuration/#sslcert

Also check your Receiver for Web loopback settings. https://www.carlstalhood.com/storefront-cr-basic-configuration/#baseurl

Carl -

By going to the F12 developer tools I could see that it was complaining about their not being an attribute for subject alternative name. Once I was able to set that up, everything is working as intended now. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.