Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Teams Gallery View

Daniel Dunn1709158952

Question

21 answers to this question

On 11/25/2020 at 10:52 AM, Daniel Dunn1709158952 said:

Thank You for confirming.

Do you happen to know if it will be through an updated CWA, CVAD or Teams client?

It would just be helpful to know so that I can decide whether to plan in an update for the CVAD version or hang on.

Thanks

It will be an upgrade in Teams (a log out / log back in will suffice).

Hi, I've noticed on the Citrix/Teams troubleshooting article that 2x2 is available in the tech preview

12/9/2020: Gallery View (2x2) is now on public tech preview. See here for more details.

I've been into our Microsoft tenant and enabled preview for some users (about 8 hours ago)

But when we try test calls it is still only the main speaker displayed.

We have tried signing out of Teams and back into it.

Has anyone else been able to get it to work?

Thanks

Has anyone been able to test this yet?   How well does it work?

I hope to but my O365 admin is out the office currently so can't set up the policy in Teams Admin to allow me to turn it on.  We have been really burned with the struggles with Teams Optimization on our thin clients, so I could do with a win and deliver something the users regularly grumble about.   It's not really enough of an emergency to call the guy on his holidays though.  :-)

14 minutes ago, Daniel Dunn1709158952 said:

it works but seems buggy and not great quality, but it is probably because it is just in testing.

That's not the answer I was hoping for.   :-(

Although, I must admit, I'm not surprised.   Teams meetings seem to be the weakest link, from our environment anyway.   It's also the bit that is most visible to the users, nothing says 'poor experience' more than getting on a call with a bunch of people and no-one being able to hear whoever is presenting.

Ok, I have tested also...    I could see my two colleagues (was only connected to two others) so a definite step forward from 'dominant speaker only' view.   Audio was (apparently) very choppy though, same as when I do a screenshare in a meeting.   Probably for the same reason, given that screensharing and video are treated much the same from an Optimization perspective.

Will be good to see how things go when I test from a PC with the latest Workspace app on it.   But a step forward, no doubt about it.

Wow - does that mean it's starting to roll out as General Availablity?   We have been hammering MS for ages on a go-live date for this, but they have just been stonewalling.   Would be amazing if it's on the way at last...   It makes more difference than you'd think.  When you have a call with several people, when only the dominant speaker is able to show then if several people are talking about a topic, then by the time Teams has actually brought up that speaker then it's changed again.   Your 'video call' is just a black screen most of the time.

Can't wait to get this rolled out.

On 3/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, Michael Burnstead1709159565 said:

Wow - does that mean it's starting to roll out as General Availablity?   We have been hammering MS for ages on a go-live date for this, but they have just been stonewalling.   Would be amazing if it's on the way at last...   It makes more difference than you'd think.  When you have a call with several people, when only the dominant speaker is able to show then if several people are talking about a topic, then by the time Teams has actually brought up that speaker then it's changed again.   Your 'video call' is just a black screen most of the time.

Can't wait to get this rolled out.

I know of at least 5 out of our 60 users have had the 2x2 view (there’s probably more who have t realised or mentioned it) They weren’t users who were setup to try the tech preview either.

one thing I notice is the UI is grey down the left bar like it was when we were trying the Tech preview.

I saw one of our non-preview users today with a 2x2 gallery view in Teams.   Seems pretty clear now that it's starting to roll out.

Left bar on his session was also grey coloured - though I must admit I hadn't made that connection between Preview mode and the colour myself.

MS are now saying that the 2x2 gallery view is rolled out for Citrix - this is the MS blogpost where it was originally announced as a tech preview feature:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-teams-on-vdi-2x2-gallery-view/m-p/2214226/highlight/true#M205

That link takes you direct to a comment on the article from an MS staffer, saying the GA rollout for Citrix is now complete.