Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Upgrade Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop 7.15 LTSR to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU1,

Tangawi

Question

Hello,

I have a question before we start upgrading to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU1,

We are currently on 7.15 LTSR CU2, do we need to upgrade to 7.15 LTSR CU6 to be able to upgrade to 1912 LTSR CU1? Would be nice to go straight from 7.15 LTSR CU2 to 1912 LTSR CU1. 

I would also if possible the exactly steps to follow for the upgrade. I did read the documentation for 1912 LTSR but I still want your experiences in this

Our configration:

• We use (Ivanti Automation) for deployment and creating SHARED desktop / VDI Images Win 2016  on VMware  (vSphere)
  • SQL Server Windows 2012R2
  • License Server Windows 2016 - Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU2 - XenApp and Citrix Licensing 11.14.0.1 build 23101
  • 2x Storfront Server Windows 2016 - Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU6 StoreFront and Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU2 - XenDesktop
  • 2x Delivery Server Windows 2016 - Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU2 - XenDesktop (Director + Studio)
  • 2x PVS Server Windows 2016 - Provisioning Services Console x64 = Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU2

Thank you in advance and your advice / explanation!

Tangawi

4 answers to this question

Hi ,

You can upgrade directly from 7.15LTSR to 1912 LTSR CU1 . Please refer the below upgrade recommendations document before you start the upgrade process.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/1912-ltsr/upgrade-migrate.html

I believe that the document is self explanatory and clearly states the recommended OS and the steps to follow to upgrade the system . Please go through the document and if you still have any queries regarding upgrade process or compatibility queries .

Thanks,

Anjanib

Hi Anjanib,

Thank you very much, I already seen this document, the document is comprehensive and suitable for multiple environments. Actually i'm looking for experiences with the same environment, indicate the steps they have followed, and what they encountered during the upgrade. 

We use (Ivanti Automation) for deployment and creating SHARED desktop / VDI Images Win 2016  on VMware  (vSphere)

SQL Server Windows 2012R2

License Server Windows 2016 - Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU2 - XenApp and Citrix Licensing 11.14.0.1 build 23101

2x Storfront Server Windows 2016 - Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU6 StoreFront and Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU2 - XenDesktop

2x Delivery Server Windows 2016 - Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU2 - XenDesktop (Director + Studio)

2x PVS Server Windows 2016 - Provisioning Services Console x64 = Citrix 7.15 LTSR CU2

Thanks again for your answer!

Best regards,

Tangawi

Hi djungsc491,

Our Citrix is installed on Server Windows 2016 and we use voor laptops Windows 10, Microsoft Edge 87 Token / VPN to logon Shared desktop or VDI.

But good to know about the the ThinClients.. because we still use a few thin clients within the organization.

Thanks for the info