Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Loadbalancing Request form for server team

Cole Terzia

Hello! Our networking team just took over the management for Citrix ADCs, we are all pretty fresh on this solution. I'm looking for an example of a form to present to my server team. As a way to solve for them not really understanding what exactly they are asking for -  when just stating "I need these servers or this service load balanced". I'm thinking something similar to a site to site VPN form, fill in the blanks with what you need. I haven't really found anything while googling for this. any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You could have a basic form with servers/IPs to be load balanced, the original request and project code to bill against, etc. Many questions for the web server team and application owners will come back around health monitors, custom ports, whether or not TLS 1.2 is supported by the app, can this be SSL Offload, the list goes on. It's probably best you identify application owners on your form as well. 

• Like 1

Most important facts to start with:

1.) content switching yes/no 
2.) Frontend SSL yes / no --> you will want to define a SSL Profile defining tls versions & ciphercuites) (maybe even a ssl log policy) 

3.) SSL Offloading yes/no or SSL Bridge
4.) Backend SSL yes / no 

Generally speaking lots of questions about SSL - classic things like balancing method / persistencetype can still be changed afterwards but protocol settings cant be changed and need to be recreated .

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 9:19 AM, Oliver Hradecky said:

Most important facts to start with:

1.) content switching yes/no 
2.) Frontend SSL yes / no --> you will want to define a SSL Profile defining tls versions & ciphercuites) (maybe even a ssl log policy) 

3.) SSL Offloading yes/no or SSL Bridge
4.) Backend SSL yes / no 

Generally speaking lots of questions about SSL - classic things like balancing method / persistencetype can still be changed afterwards but protocol settings cant be changed and need to be recreated .

thanks for the reply. That makes sense about the stuff that would have to be recreated. I would hope to get more features in the form like GSLB, and others. I was really hoping someone out there had an example of this I could modify to fit our needs