Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Configuring Search in CVAD 1912 LTSR CU1 and Microsoft Office 365

Marc Kuhn

Question

Hi guys

we have an environment with Server 2019 VDA's and MS Office 365. For Profile-Handling we use Citrix UPM in Combination with FSLogix Office Container. We would like to have Outlook in Cache-Mode configured.

I know that the search is in Server 2019 now user-based and to be handled by Server 2019 and not FSLogix or UPM. Nevertheless we are struggeling to configure it correctly with no Events logged regarding search and no profile crap left after logout.

What i've done:

- Checked if Path for UPM is all writen with lower case

- Disabled FSLogix Search-Roaming : Enabled with disabled configuration

- Enabled Cache Mode

- Enabled Windows Search Service

I also check this nice article from James https://jkindon.com/2020/03/15/windows-search-in-server-2019-and-multi-session-windows-10/ regarding this and tried also to configure this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search] "EnablePerUserCatalog"=dword:00000000 source: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX270433

I'm not able to get this working correctly. My best bet is to have Outlook Cache Mode disabled. As far as i can say the profiles are okey now even after logout everything is gone on the VDA. But when logging in, i receive this:

image.thumb.png.5155e7f14978d7c35ac7abba985c61f1.png

Has anyone a Server 2019 VDA configured with Outlook Cache Mode and working without any complains in the log?

Many thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,
Marc

4 answers to this question

Hi,

It is possible to have windows search roaming in Windows Server 2019. I haven't configured CPM for windows search roaming, I have primarily been working with FSLogix the last couple of years.

I have written an article about how to install the FSLogix agent, and what to keep in mind specifically with search roaming. There is an order to how Office, FSLogix and Windows Search is installed and configured.
https://virtualwarlock.net/how-to-install-the-fslogix-apps-agent/

• Like 1

Hi Kasper

many thanks for your feedback, very informative article! As this enviroment is already up and running since a couple of month i'm not able to find out, which order we used for it. So you are implementing on a Server 2019 normally Workaround 1, right? Nevertheless, i've implemented that with the Scheduled Task, which seems to work.

But still i have numerous errors in the EventLog everytime a user logs in. This error is logged for every user who is currently logged in:

image.thumb.png.32ad76bb2cdb3d7b01ac1a89ee8849d5.png

Best regards,

Marc

Hi Kasper

thanks a lot again, with the Installation and Reboot Order we were able to sort it out besides the Event ID 2, which we treat with the Scheduled Task. I think, like that is looks good so far, let's see after a couple of days.

Many thanks and have a nice weekend

Marc