Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Crash - OS Big Sur - When certain keys are typed

Seyed Rezvani

Question

Hello I have had some issues with Citrix Viewer crashing on me when I input certain keys on an external keyboard I'm using. The keys I have identified are "delete", "ctrl + C or P",  and any of the arrow keys. When I go up to the top bar and select devices and scroll onto USB Devices it also crashes. Any help would really be appreciated! This only started happening after I updated my computer to Big Sur. 

3 answers to this question

So I may have a fix. Now it did not work the first time, But I removed the app and reinstalled and then renamed a file based on the post below. It seemed not to work but after I logged in and then logged out or got kicked out; it started working the next time I logged in.   thank you MXFANATIC. !!!

This was from "MXFANATIC" on post "Citrix Viewer (20.10.0 (700020.10.0.16)) Crash on Big Sur (11.0.1)"

"...Ok, I found something that works for me. Not sure it will work for everyone. The crash logs indicated that ctxusbd crashed. I went to the path where that daemon is '/library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/', and noticed a config file called usb.conf. I renamed it usb.conf.old and everything started working. It did survive reboots / restarts. The app did not recreate that file. Good luck to all with this issue!"

• Like 1
20 hours ago, John Gee said:

So I may have a fix. Now it did not work the first time, But I removed the app and reinstalled and then renamed a file based on the post below. It seemed not to work but after I logged in and then logged out or got kicked out; it started working the next time I logged in.   thank you MXFANATIC. !!!

This was from "MXFANATIC" on post "Citrix Viewer (20.10.0 (700020.10.0.16)) Crash on Big Sur (11.0.1)"

"...Ok, I found something that works for me. Not sure it will work for everyone. The crash logs indicated that ctxusbd crashed. I went to the path where that daemon is '/library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/', and noticed a config file called usb.conf. I renamed it usb.conf.old and everything started working. It did survive reboots / restarts. The app did not recreate that file. Good luck to all with this issue!"

Thank you very much. This worked for me if anyone else is having similar issues

Hi, I was having this problem yesterday and I just couldn't figure it out. Every time I opened a file and typed an arrow key or tried to zoom in, it crashed. This morning, I deleted the 'com.citrix.XenAppViewer' folder from Library/Application Support - and this seems to have sorted it. It just recreated a new folder when I relaunched Citrix Viewer. 

I've just tried it and it's not crashing any more ..... fingers crossed!!