Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Skype for Business video on not working since Big Sur is installed (during Citrix workspace session)

Marco Gaggino

Question

Skype for Business Video on Citrix Workspace remote session not working since Big Sur is installed (with Citrix Workspace 2010 and latest HDX Media Server engine for Skype for Business 2.9.100).

Anyone has solutions? webcam sends signal but video image doesn't show neither in Skype for Business preview nor  during a video call (blue screen)....

Also, seems that unplugging and replugging webcam makes Citrix Workspace on BigSur crash.

2adb863b-12b2-44a8-9aff-12df8df69308.jpg

@Divya ChandrasekharanHi, is there any update on the Skype for Business video compatibility which is not working in Big Sur? This is a big issue especially for who is working from home. i have seen that updated citrix workspace 2012 was released few dats ago but specifically says it does not solve the skype for business video isssue. What is Citrix doing to fix this?? Please let us know. Thanks

• Like 3

We have exactly the same problem with all BigSur Mac clients. Unfortunately it seems that as of today 28.12.2020 there is still no solution for the problem. 

We have also opened a Citrix Suport Case (80179839) for the issue, which unfortunately has not led to anything. 

CTX Suport Case  (80179839) final Comment

"Thanks a lot for your email and information.
As of now it is uncertain to say by when we would be having any workarounds / fix for the issue but you would be updated soon in terms of the same if you follow our discussion forums and we would also keep you updated in regards with if if we have any information.
Hence I suggest to archive the case as of now as nothing could be done from our end for the issue.
Kindly do let me know your thoughts on the same. "

We hope that "soon" means not q4 2021 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tom Matthews1709161991 said:

@Divya Chandrasekharan

I'd also like to know when we can expect an update, we have many thousands of employees working from home who can't use Skype for Business video chat on their updated Macs.

wonder if there are any actual Citrix people on these forums... it's not like they dont get beta versions of Big Sur....

I guess we can run it through parallels in the short term...

• Like 1

@Andrew Smith1709162442

@Ben Herbertson

@CitrixSuisse

@Marco Gaggino

Hi folks "Incoming Video on Skype for Business is not working" is an identified known issue that the team is working on.We shall also update our release notes for 2010 to reflect that shortly. Outgoing video, incoming/outgoing calls should work fine. Please let us know if otherwise. 

@Marco Gaggino: I'm presuming you have a USB webcam. Apple has deprecated kernel dependency for USB connectivity with BIg Sur. We have made changes to overcome this in release 2009- but in general for Big Sur support we'd recommend you update to the latest release 2010

@Divya Chandrasekharan

Hi, thanks for this. The issue above is encountered on Big Sur for outgoing and incoming video calls on Skype for Business. Tested both and both don't work. Also, Workspace version used is 2010 (latest 20.10.10.16) and the issue is experienced. Tested also with 2009, 2008 and same issue. as well as HDX Skype for Business Plugin (latest 2.9.100, 2.9, 2.8) - issue is experienced on all.

Yes have a USB webcam (Logitech Brio, USB-C) but tested also on native laptop MacBook Pro (2016) and iMac (2020) camera and issue still persists.

Do you have any indication on when issue will be solved? will it be via release of updated Citrix Workspace? or HDX? or both? Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Divya Chandrasekharan said:

@Marco Gaggino: To clarify I meant Release 2010 of Citrix Workspace App on Mac should fix the issue with USB.If not, please let us know.https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

@Divya ChandrasekharanHi, thanks. That is indeed the version I have of Citrix Workspace (2010, which in the About screen shows as v20.10.10.16) - the latest available on the Citrix Downloads website. And it is not working as mentioned in previous post. 

1 hour ago, Dmitry Zakharov said:

I have exactly the same issue when I upgraded my MacBook to Big Sur. And I am interesting in a solution or at least a workaround.

Also despite I can't see self-view during video calls (exactly as it is on the s/s in the question), people I am talking to can see my on their end.

@Dmitry ZakharovYes indeed. Its a video display issue rather than video not going out. We are all waiting for a solution...hopefully soon!!

On 11/19/2020 at 4:20 PM, Divya Chandrasekharan said:

@Marco Gaggino: To clarify I meant Release 2010 of Citrix Workspace App on Mac should fix the issue with USB.If not, please let us know.https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

@Divya ChandrasekharanHi Divya, is there any update from Citrix side on the Bigsur issue with no Video being displayed on Skype For Business? I see many other users with this issue and i have already tested with latest 2010 Workspace release but it is not working. Did you manage to replicate from your side?

Thanks

Since I was just searching "the-web" for the same issue - I came across this one:

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/betas-and-tech-previews/workspace-app-tp-for-mac.html

Known issues in 2012:

Video calls on Microsoft Skype for Business is not supported on macOS Big Sur (11.0.1).

So I guess they are aware of the problem - though some feedback would be nice.

So there have been tons of Big Sur betas etc. Software providers have had a long time to adopt their software to Big Sur. And they did so.

Ah, actually one did not it seems. Citrix. The software who people use to work from home (where video is very commonly required) does not allow people to do video calls anymore (but rather displays jus a blue screen).

Is this driven by some last second change by Apple in the final, final release of Big Sur, of which they told nobody ahead? Or was there no testing of the Citrix software with the standard applications most people use, ie was this issue not identified much earlier? Or was it identified, but not tackled?

Puzzled... and kind of disappointed...

2 hours ago, Thomas Purtschert said:

CTX Suport Case  (80179839) final Comment

"...
Hence I suggest to archive the case as of now as nothing could be done from our end for the issue.
Kindly do let me know your thoughts on the same. "

We hope that "soon" means not q4 2021 

"nothing could be done from our end" - this is the answer from support no one wants to receive. Ok, they could have tested sufficiently and fixed all issues before the Big Sur release. And a clear communication on the underlying issues and a more specific timeline on when they will be fixed would help as well... Disappointing unfortunately. Let's hope the best...