Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix update (Windows 10 64 bit) results in BSOD

Werner Linden

Question

Hi all, 

Usiing my Lenovo Laptop "ideapad330-17ikb 81DM" with Citrix Workspace first led to BSOD just after launching the device which would only run smoothly after the forced reboot. "SYSTEM-SERVICE-EXEPTION" was the error code.

I first assumed it had to do with the touchpad, as there was also a message about a driver related to this device, but I didn't get any more  actual driver.

I deactivated that HID, the BSOD after launch didn't occur again.

Then I checked that Citrix would not be in the Autostart menu anymore. All good. I checked for a newer  ersion of Citrix and found this one: Version: 20.10.0.20 (2010).

I launched my workspace and checked for updates. 20.9.6.34 is the one currently running on my laptop.

I clicked on "actualize", after download I clicked "Install" - and had a new BSOD, this time, "Driver verifier detected violation".

After relaunch, I tried to deinstall the current Citrix version before installing the downloaded file. Same result.

Please, how can I get out of this?

I had executed driver verifier, chkdsk, scan for viruses (Windows defender), no results.

See my post at Lenovo's here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx-Edge-LaVie-Z-Flex-Notebooks/Conflicts-betwwen-ELAN-Pointing-Device-driver-and-Citrix-Workspace/m-p/5049400

Thanks.

Apparently no one has any interest neither in helping, nor in making the software better: No reply up to now since last sunday.

If I have posted my question - still unsolved! - in a wrong space here, please let me know, since I need an answer.

Thanks again.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet