Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (ex-SCCM) PVS target devices

Gerald Muller1709156932

Question

Hello,

Infra:

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager 2002 (July 2020)

Citrix Infra 1912 LTSR CU1

Windows 2019 Server for the infra and for the PVS targets

Currently, I see only one target device in the MS ECM console and in fact, all devices have the same GUID in the SMSCFG.INI file.

I'm running the script that delete the certificate, the SMSCFG.INI and the CIM instance (BIS-F) script.

When the service is starting on the Target, I can see that a specific GUID is generated for the machine, but after a few seconds, the GUID is replaced by the GUID of the existing machine present in the MS ECM console.

About the usage of PVS Target devices with the MS ECM agent, could you tell me if each PVS target device should register individually in MS ECM or if I should see only one device?

Thanks,

Gerald

6 answers to this question

These additional steps were necessary in our environment. We use PVS with App Layered images. If you do not you will have to set up the layer script as a startup script.

a)      Setup Layer Startup Script - This script executes the following on image startup. These are required in order for the SCCM Client to reinitialize with a new GUID.

(1)    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Policy Platform\mofcomp ExtendedStatus.mof

(2)    C:\Windows\ccmsetup\CCMSetup.exe SMSSITECODE=yoursitecode

During build:

a)      Sysprep the SCCM installation. Note: all of these steps must be executed just prior to layer finalization anytime this layer is opened for update. If you have to restart the layer based on the Layer Finalization script then you must execute these steps again.

i)        At an elevated command prompt  execute ‘net stop ccmexec’ to stop the SCCM Client service

ii)        Delete smscfg.ini from c:\Windows

iii)       Delete the SCCM Certs unique to this packaging machine

(1)    Open PowerShell with As Administrator

(2)    Execute "Remove-Item Cert:\LocalMachine\SMS\*"

(3)    Remove any queued inventory actions by executing the following at an elevated command prompt

wmic /namespace:\\root\ccm\invagt path inventoryActionStatus where InventoryActionID="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001}" DELETE /NOINTERACTIVE

iii)     Reset the Trusted Root Key.

(1)    From an elevated command prompt navigate to C:\Windows\ccmsetup.

(2)    Execute ‘CCMSetup.exe RESETKEYINFORMATION=TRUE’

• Like 1