Welcome to our new Citrix community!

kb4586786 Breaks Citrix Audio

James Sabia1709160584

Question

I have just updated our golden image with the latest windows 10 1909 updates and it looks like kb4586786 breaks Citrix Audio. The citrix audio redirection service will not start. I get the following 2 events in the system even logs:

Event ID 7000

The ctxad service failed to start due to the following error: 
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

Event ID 7001
The CtxAudioSrv service depends on the ctxad service which failed to start because of the following error: 
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

If I remove the KB everything works fine. From what I can tell the KB removes some system certificates.

https://windowsreport.com/kb4586781-kb4586786/

Anybody else having this issue? 

NOTE: I am also using Citrix App Layering 2009 and Citrix Virtual Desktops 1912 LTSR (Have tried the with both VDA 1912 and CU1 same issue)

3 answers to this question