Welcome to our new Citrix community!

relaunching an application - failing logon

Peter Oakes

Question

Hi Guys,

Got a bit of a weird one here. having reports of users being unable to relaunch and application within a few minutes of closing it. when a user trys to relaunch the application the citrix workspace dialog box pops up but gets stuck at the "welcome" part.

there is no issues in the UPM logs other than " ERROR;"USERNAME";32;19324;DispatchLogonLogoff: Updating Perfmon Logon/Logoff Counters failed.

but i have been told this is unrelated.

when i look at the Event Viewer on the Citrix machine it was trying to launch the application from i can see under application logs "SensorLogonTask was unable to correlate result with a logon event. Event ID 93"

there is also "Printer auto-creation failure. Reason: AddPrinter() failed with status 0x709. Client name: (COMPUTERNAME) Printer name: (Microsoft Print to PDF (from COMPUTERNAME) in session 28) Port name: (Client:28:Microsoft Print to PDF) Driver name: (MICROSOFT PRINT TO PDF) Print processor: (WINPRINT)"

Citrix Director shows log on failure as "client Connection Failure" Failure reason "Other"

Farm information:

Controllers: Windows Server 2012 R2, Citrix Studio V1903.1

Application Server VM`s: Windows Server 2016, Citrix VDA 1903.1

issue has been experienced with clients running Citrix Receiver 4.11 and Citrix workspace 20.10.0.20

any ideas on what could be causing the "SensorLogonTask was unable to correlate result with a logon event. Event ID 93" and how to resolve?

There is also an error in event viewer under system for "DistributedCom":

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
 and APPID 
{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Sensor Logon error.JPG

Welcome Screen.JPG

1 answer to this question

Hi Peter,

I have the same problem and have already sent you an email. Please try the registry key here:

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/411347-sessions-that-are-disconnected-cannot-be-restored-and-the-terminalserver-vda-1912-ltsr-cu1-and-cu2-freezes-completely-for-several-minutes

Please let me know if it helped you.

Thank you