Welcome to our new Citrix community!

This controller has entered out-of-box grace period as no suitable licenses were found

Damian Baldry

Question

Since upgrading to version 2009..

Warning in Event Viewer:

This controller has entered the out-of-box grace period as no suitable licenses were found on the license server 'MYDDC.mydomain.local'. 
You have 309 hour(s) remaining before this controller stops providing desktop and application sessions.

What I have tried:

I have checked my licensing and it says I have a valid licence, I have tried re-applying the licences.. I've tried refreshing, I've tried re adding the licence server. Everything says its ok and even PowerShell says the server is not in grace period.

however this ticking timer keeps going down each hour and I am totally out of ideas! I tried contacting Citrix and they haven't got an answer except to reinstall Citrix, however I can't do that as it is being heavily used. I submitted logs which came back "No faults" on Citrix insight.

Anybody know what I can do as I'm running out of time :(

5 answers to this question

Hi - 

Open Studio > Configuration > Licensing node. There is an option to change Product Edition. Check if you have right edition selected, select and save it again, and try.

If that didn't help then try this - Edit License Server from Studio, re-enter your license server hostname and click Connect so it reads the certificate again. 

Similar issue and resolutions posted here by experts. Do check it out - https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/385120-delivery-controller-entered-license-grace-period-error-citirix-78/ 

Here is the fix. I can't provide the zip file in case it's tailored to my server (I don't think it is but..) Below is what they have proposed so far. I am currently testing it to see if that fixes the issue:

·         Please download the zip file and unblock if needed (file properties -> unblock).

·         Do not extract the file.

·         On your controller backup the zip file located in: C:\Program Files\Citrix\Broker\Service\ImportScripts

·         Stop Citrix High Availability Service and Citrix Configuration Sync service

·         Replace the file (Default.zip)

·         Delete the existing GUIDs (folders and zip files) from 'C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp'

·         Start Citrix High Availability Service and Citrix Configuration Sync Service.

Thanks for your reply, I got support from citrix too. In my case the grace period goes active because we upgraded our deployment a few days before. There was a timeout with Licensing service and Controller. Citrix Support said I could ignore it or rearm grace period. In the eventlog there were mutitple warnings 

Warning in Event Viewer:

This controller has entered the out-of-box grace period as no suitable licenses were found on the license server 'MYDDC.mydomain.local'. 
You have 309 hour(s) remaining before this controller stops providing desktop and application sessions.

and after time was up, there was one error that said "controlller is not providing desktops anymore" but all system are up. The error is gone and now there is nothing to do.