Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Forgotten PIN & Setting up Android Enterprise

John Francis1709160537

Question

User is trying to setup Android Enterprise. The number of attempts for forgotten PIN is only 15 but her phone is showing like 29 attempts to reset it. But as she is trying couple of attempts to reach the 29 attempts, inbetween it asks her to enter the password. Then again it waits for 30 seconds and then moves forward with the PIN attempt. Is there something I am not understanding why this user is having such issues or am I doing something wrong or need to setup something under the policies to ensure that user can setup the Android Enterprise without any issues.

Looks like what I have seen is that the first time when they launch SecureHub enter the FQDN and then enter their userid and password, it keeps spinning and goes on for 30 minutes or 1 hour. Unless you move back to the settings and then again launch SecureHub and enter the FQDN again and then it will prompt with ENROLL message. There is something not right and Citrix may have to explain why this is happening. We are on the cloud and it is not OnPrem anymore.

Thanks again in advance

3 answers to this question

On 11/11/2020 at 5:43 AM, Daniel Weppeler1709159306 said:

I can confirm this behavior, but only for the BYOD (work profile) enrollment. The registration for fully managed devices works as expected.

I will create an support case for this.

Do you find any workaround?

Hi

Thanks. No, I have not been able to find a workaround and the user is frustrated she is not able to set it up. I have opened a case with Citrix and waiting for them to call back as I am typing this.

If you have anything that you found out it would be great. The Android phone is a Samsung SM-G781V

Thanks