Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Content Switching sending TCP RST

Erick Alvarado

On a ADC VPX running NS12.1.59.16.nc I have a VIP that is sending a TCP RST with a code 9222. Has anyone seen something like that? It's not listed here: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX200852

We upgraded this VPX last night and that's when the issue started. The VIP and associated services are all UP. 

I had exactly the same issue and opened a support case. They told me this means that there was a non-RFC compliant HTTP Reques. Yes that is true and therefore I had an HTTP Profile bound and the "Drop non-RFC compliant" Requests was unchecked. This was ignored/not processed anymore after one of the last security updates.

Could this be your problem? Dies the request in the trace looks in some way wrong?

Best Regards,

Mary

• 6 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 11:00 AM, Marion Bauer1709159214 said:

I had exactly the same issue and opened a support case. They told me this means that there was a non-RFC compliant HTTP Reques. Yes that is true and therefore I had an HTTP Profile bound and the "Drop non-RFC compliant" Requests was unchecked. This was ignored/not processed anymore after one of the last security updates.

Could this be your problem? Dies the request in the trace looks in some way wrong?

Best Regards,

Mary

Was this ever resolved? We were seeing the exact same thing after upgrading from 12.0 to 12.1.

TCP resets with reset code 9222 for one particular LBvip.

HTTP Profile not set to drop invalid HTTP requests.

I was able to confirm that the response from the web server triggering this was indeed malformed according to RFC standards.

Had to revert the upgrade as it broke one of our applications and seemingly ignored the unchecked "Drop invalid HTTP requests" from the profile.

If I may ask, what came out of your support case? Is it a confirmed bug?

• 3 weeks later...