Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Socked Error 10057 on client while accessing VCI from remote network

Gokhan Gokturk

Question

Hello,

We deployed a POC system and Citrix Virtual Desktop works fine in local network. (Customer can access desktop from Workspace app)

When customer attempt to connect from remote branch office or with VPN connection he gets attached error. (Socked Error 10057)

I check this error from Citrix support site but could found nothing. I also verified if client can access TCP port in attached list and saw that all ports were open. Probably a security device is causing this but I am not completely sure because all tcp ports are working between the client and storefront &VDI.  I also used Citrix Reciever diag collection and uploaded it into CIS site, it shows no issues.

Could you please assist me for further troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Gokhan

Customer error.png

network Port access check.png

5 answers to this question

Hello ggoktur582,

Socket error 10057 means according to Microsoft Error Codes

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winsock/windows-sockets-error-codes-2

WSAENOTCONN 10057

Socket is not connected.

A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using sendto) no address was supplied. Any other type of operation might also return this error—for example, setsockopt setting SO_KEEPALIVE if the connection has been reset.

Check your STA listed in the SF Server from using FQDN to IP Adress of the XenApp Server - If you always use FQDN: verify that your FQDN can be resolved to the correct IP of the STA Server.

Did you made any changes? May your changes are not propagted to all of the SF Servers?

regards, Rob

Since you have no GW in use, i think my idea is wrong...

"The Secure Ticket Authority (STA) is responsible for issuing session tickets in response to connection requests for published applications on CVA and published desktops on CVAD. These session tickets form the basis of authentication and authorization to access published resources. The Secure Ticket Authority (STA) is responsible for issuing session tickets in response to connection requests for published applications on Citrix Virtual Apps and published desktops on Citrix Virtual Desktops . These session tickets form the basis of authentication and authorization for access to published resources."

Can you rule out a firewall problem or blocked ports?

Please double check Port 2598.

TCP ports 1494 and 2598 are also required and are automatically opened when you install the VDA. However, UDP ports 1494 and 2598 are not automatically opened. You have to activate it.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/tech-zone/build/tech-papers/citrix-communication-ports.html

regards, Rob

cvad_ports.jpg

Hi Gokham

have you configured the BrokerSite to use DNS Resolution?

Also, can you route to every Citrix VDA in the farm from the remote site?

Finally, do you have a proxy server configured on your client?

regards

Ken