Welcome to our new Citrix community!

FSLOGIX VHDX share session opened and file locked

BARRY NELSON1709154272

Question

FSLOGIX 2.9.7237.48865

Profile VHDX locked and preventing users from logging in. The progress bar in workspace gets 3/4 of the way through and just hangs and eventually dies for the user.  User is not active on any Citrix applications.  No running processes from user on the VDA. No sessions listed under "HKLM\Software\Policies\FSLogix\ODFC\Sessions" for the user. Deleted local profile folder for the user (did not clean up from logoff as per GPO policy?) Deleted profile from HKLM\Software\FSLogix\Profiles.

Getting error "LoadProfile failed. User: username SID: numbersgohere. (A device attached to the system is not functioning.).  Noticed that a CIFS fileshare session was still active from the VDA to the fileshare where the VHDX's were stored and killed that.

Then I am getting an error "Attach vhd(x) failed, file is locked. Retrying 12 time(s) at 5 second intervals (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)"

I renamed the users profile on the fileshare and the user was able to log in successfully by building a new profile (not ideal).  I am guessing the issue is an "improper" logoff process is not clearing out the profile VHD connection/lock. Anyone else getting this one?

1 answer to this question