Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Session sharing on multiple clients

Timo Marfurt

Question

Hi

I have a question about session sharing. We have a CVAD environment with Server 2016 and CVAD 1912 LTSR. We have published desktops and published apps on the same session hosts/same delivery group. I can start the desktop on client1, if I log on with the same user on client2, I cannot start a published application. Is this a limitation by the feature session sharing?

Thank you

Regards

Timo 

5 answers to this question

Hi, If I start the published application on the same client as I started my published desktop, everything is fine. The published app opens as usually. (As I mentioned, the published app is on the same delivery group as the published desktop).  

But if I start the same published app on another client with the same user, the connection opens and closes right after. The app does not launch, and no error appears. I cannot see a session in the director. 
Starting another published app from a separate delivery group works on my second client. 

I dont have this setting enabled. We dont have any RDSH Policies (except licensing). 

I tried it with another delivery group (Server 2019, VDA 2006) and there it worked. But only if I start the desktop first and then the published app. Reverse it took over the app session from the first client. I can live with it. 

Thank you.