Welcome to our new Citrix community!

OneDrive For Business does not start with Published Applications

Martin Rose

Question

Hi,

We are trying to implementate OneDrive For Business into Citrix Virtual Apps. We are running Windows Server 2016 as worker. I have configured group policies and it seems to work fine when i launch Virtual Desktop. But, when i launch Virtual Apps, user will automatically sign in, but the OneDrive sync will not start. I have found earlier a forum case from another Citrix admin, but there was not any solution. I have also found https://www.citrix.com/content/dam/citrix/en_us/documents/products-solutions/deployment-guide-office-365-for-xenapp-and-xendesktop.pdf

"Supportability: Based on the Microsoft knowledgebase article, the OneDrive for Business sync agent is not supported on a Terminal Services based implementation. To gain access to OneDrive for Business files, users have to use a web browser."

I think somebody has tried this before?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Martin

5 answers to this question

Hi,

I have created a Citrix case yesterday and the engineer have sent me a great answer.

He confirm what i said, and it is not supported on a Terminal Services.. I received list with alternatives. Example, users access their files via. web browser or use Citrix Sharefile.

/Martin

• Like 1

Hi Kasper (Hej Kasper :-))

I have already tried it. I have created a group policy an applied it to Citrix workers. I have verified the registry keys, but the application sync does not start. People talked about it's only working in RemoteApp and not Citrix.. Earlier i thinking a dirty workaround was to create logon script, but it's not a good soulution and user experience is bad.

I have also noted that, OneDrive.exe does not start and automatically login in Virtual Apps mode. It's only work in Virtual Desktop mode. Have you implementate this solution in Citrix before, for some customers?

/Martin