Welcome to our new Citrix community!

EPA Failure without reason.

I have EPA checks for Antivirus, Updates, Screen saver, etc.   I test policy with the intention to fail.  When I get the access denied page I do not get a failure reason.  Only that the device has failed and the case ID.  I have seen screenshots of other EPA failures and they do receive the exact failure reason.  Am I missing this in the configuration somewhere.  I have configured the EPA error page but that is a generic failure.  I want to know if it is possible to have a failure reason for each check.

Usually the EPA failure reason is not listed to give less info to how to bypass the check.  Intead support can review the "reason" in the syslog for the event id.

The setting that determines whether or not to display the reason is in the session profile.  The setting is on the Security tab under advanced settings of the session profile and is govered by the "secure client security message" setting - I don't have the screen shot in front of me to get the exact wording.  Depending on this setting on/off will determine wehther the reason for the epa scan failure is or isn't displayed (if I recall, secure message OFF means display reason and secure message ON means don't...)

If you can post the screenshot I can tell you which value, but it is the setting I believe "after" the client security/quarantine group setting.